Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I'm back to complaining.

During my recent vacation (more later) I found myself in New York without a reservation. As much as I hate these soulless hotel services, I made a reservation with Orbitz for a hotel on East 31st Street. Since I also hate taxis, I decided to walk to the hotel from Pennsylvania Station despite the unseasonably cold weather and light rain and the weight of my luggage. When I got there, the desk clerk informed me they were full up, had no rooms, and knew nothing about an Orbitz reservation. When I got home and saw the e-mail confirmation, which I am sure they will still bill me for, I noticed the following line, which makes me wonder: If I have to contact the hotel anyway, why do I need Orbitz?
* Special requests were sent to the hotel but cannot be guaranteed. Orbitz recommends that you contact the hotel directly to ensure your request can be accommodated.

Note: The good news is I discovered  a wonderful hotel just two blocks away: The Woolcott. Happily the only room they had available was one with three twin beds which had all the charm and coziness of the home of three bears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment