Thursday, May 7, 2015

Another popular rip-off.

More and more I suspect that greatest victims of corporate greed are senior citizens. I have already raged about the high cost of prescription eye drops, which many poor people find absolutely essential to keep their glaucoma at bay. Today I had to buy Metamucil to add to my cats' food to cure their diarrhea. Unless psyllium husk from the plantago ovata plant only grows on a single mountain in Tibet and only when conditions are perfect, I can't imagine why a 29-oz package costs as much as $19.99 (you're not supposed to notice that's $20). I am assuming, of course, that fiber supplements are most needed by the elderly, but that rip-off price isn't any more digestible for young stockbrokers. I am also more and more convinced that what is most wrong with America is that its citizens do no complain. We assume we must, must, must comply with every new price hike that is thrown at us. My new rule is "Unless you're rich, bitch." With enough complaining, prices will come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment