Saturday, June 15, 2013

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The thing I hate most about Miami is the same thing I hated most about Los Angeles: The constant droning of gardening tools, notably leaf blowers. Every single day, unless we're lucky enough to have a  thunderstorm, somebody is running a lawnmover, hedge trimmer, lawn edger, or leaf blower. Each one has a loud, monotonous, maddening sound to it that can be heard blocks away. Also, since Miami is the world's capital of thoughtless people and zero law enforcement, many of these gardening services start their motors as early as 6:30 or 7:00 am. I read recently that South Miami is considering banning leaf blowers. I applaud them. I know all across America many communities have forbidden their use. Sadly Miami is not one of them,

No comments:

Post a Comment