Tuesday, June 25, 2013

They're nice, but where did they come from?

More and more I am aware that companies and corporations want nothing to do with human contact. Often when I look up a company on the Internet, there is no telephone number, and it takes an arduous search to find one and often I cannot. Today I purchased plastic dinner plates for an upcoming party. The label said nothing about the country of origin. These days I am highly motivated to purchase items made in America and very averse to purchasing items made in China, not only because I don't want to support their slave labor economy, but I don't trust the safety and purity of their products. I was told by a friend if there is no country of origin listed on the product, it means it's Made in America. I am not sure I believe that. But at any rate my endless searching led me to a run-around at Kohl's, and eventually to a manufacturer named EMI Yoshi, maker of Gourmet Home Products. It came as no surprise that there was no human being to answer the phone, and I was told to leave message. I have found that companies rarely call back so I left invective instead. Apparently lots of companies, including Amazon carry their wares, but nobody seems to have any idea of where they are from. This is only one small irritant in a year when I found it nearly impossible to reach a human being at many leading companies. My new rule will be to stop purchasing anything from anyone I cannot reach. I would love it if others adopted this same rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment