Friday, August 31, 2012

Much ado about nothing.

I think Tom Cruise is an excellent actor. As a person, I think he's a jerk, mostly because of his idiotic attachment to Scientology. But I have never understood why there was so much ridicule of him leaping on the couch during the Oprah Winfrey Show. It was a bit dramatic, but I see nothing wrong with someone expressing their exhilaration at having met someone they love by making such a gesture. I mention this because Chris Matthews was discussing it today and comparing it to the embarrassing display by Clint Eastwood last night talking to the empty chair.  The chair scene was weird, the couch not all that strange.  As it turns out Tom may not have been in love as much as he suggested. Nobody knows. But jumping on the couch?  Seems perfectly normal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment