Saturday, August 11, 2012

Elect Romney, kiss Medicare goodbye.

I don't understand exactly what draconian measures Paul Ryan is plotting. All I know is that I am 70 years old and have worked since I was 16. Every month a Social Security check is deposited in my account and, along with savings, it helps me enjoy a comfortable retirement. I have a Medicare supplement account which covers most hospital expenses and allows me to  have very small co-pays at doctor's offices and often no co-pay. More often than not my prescriptions are free. All together it's very comforting and very uncomplicated. It pleases me to know that all hard-working Americans will enjoy similar benefits when they retire. Unless of course somebody like Paul Ryan manages to destroy this terrific system and has people like me running around looking for insurers who are unlikely to pay very much in benefits for the stipend Ryan wants to give the elderly. I happen to like Obama and think he's doing a great job considering the crap that Bush left behind. But even if I hated him I could not support Romney and Ryan who, if elected, will make a lot of people perfectly miserable, make the rich richer and make the country one that Americans will not recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment