Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Never? Did he say "never?"

"Ask me why someone who has never had an ache or a pain is in love with this bed." This is what one of the actors on this Tempur-Pedic commercial says. Did anyone check the script before shooting it? If he's never had an ache or a pain how does he know it's because of this bed? Isn't the correct wording, "Ask me why someone who has never had an ache or pain since sleeping on Tempur-Pedic is in love with this bed." I marvel at the number of word inaccuracies in costly, frequently run commercials, especially since words are the least expensive and most flexible ingredient. I'd lose sleep if I wrote this commercial.

Note: They never give you a clue as to price of this bed. That's scary!

2 comments:

  1. Tempur-Pedic full size Original = $1,000. The Bella fina, full size = $2,400.

    I guess that is why they don't mention price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that's far less than I thought it would be. Thanks for that
    retail report.

    ReplyDelete