Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why am I telling this story?


If you have an interest in long, nearly meaningless stories, this may appeal to you. Especially since it's in three parts. Part I. I almost never purchase anything because I've seen it on a television commercial. But since my hands have looked so beaten up lately I was impressed with the Gold Bond Healing Lotion ads and decided to buy a bottle (is plastic also a bottle?) Part II. I was surprised to find out at Walgreen's that the product was $10.49 since I think most hand lotions are worth about $3.00. Nevertheless I bought it. It annoyed me at my next stop, to find that Publix had priced it at only $8.99. Since Walgreen's always charges more, I should have known better. Anyway, I bought it at Publix and returned the Walgreen's purchase for a full refund. Part III. The label on the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion, along with lots of other details, makes three promises: penetrates fast; non-greasy; and fresh, clean scent. I supposed it penetrated fast, but it was very, very greasy and had no scent at all. What's the point of all this? Most products don't do what they promise and consumers almost never complain but consign them to the trash or the area under the bathroom sink. As it happens I like this very greasy, overpriced lotion, so while it is a scentless purchase it was not completely senseless.

No comments:

Post a Comment