Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A rant about pet products.


I went to the vet today (always an expensive event) to have a cat's stool checked for parasites. It was fine. While there I decided to buy some Capstar tablets, which kill fleas immediately but only for a day. The last time I purchased them, a package of six was $17.00. Not bad. Today, one month later they were $24.95. An $8 increase. Necessary or greedy? I go with greedy. Even more offensive are Advantage tablets for cats, which kill fleas for a month. They're manufactured by Bayer (the same people who provided the Germans with exterminating gas during the Holocaust). Six doses of this medication costs about $65.00, and it isn't any less if you get it through PetMed. While having no degree in science, I am sure that Bayer (a despicable company to begin with) is gouging its customers for ingredients which probably cost pennies. I admit it: We pet owners are suckers. We'll pay what it costs. And greedy manufacturers, sly pusses that they are, know that.

Note: You might ask why I buy products from Bayer knowing their horrific history. I don't anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment