Thursday, August 26, 2010

A surprising search.


After writing the post in praise of the Jontue commercial, I tried looking for the commercial I wrote for Sophia Perfume back in 1985, but had no luck. So I went searching for the print ad. I was amazed to find out two things. One that there were several sites on which the ad is, in fact, being sold. I wish I'd know that; I would have saved more tear sheets. But, two, and even more interesting was a website in which an author had written several pages on the ad itself, ascribing to it all kinds of mythical meanings and hidden intentions which I never intended. The ad won a First Place Clio, which was a thrill, but I would rather have met Sophia Loren. I wasn't, however, invited to the shoot in California: Creative Directors can be so greedy about celebrities.

1 comment: