Friday, August 27, 2010

Give me a break!

Unfortunately I could not find the commercial that, at the moment, offends me the most. It's a spot for The American Petroleum Institute. They are apparently fearful that new taxes will prevent them from making obscene profits. But rather than admit that, they show ordinary people encouraging lawmakers to not raise taxes on these robber barons (as if the man-or-woman-in-the-street actually gave a damn). I give American Petroleum the Scumball Award for hiding behind behind the very people they so profitably screw. I will add the despicable commercial if I ever find it. In the meantime I have included a parody of one of their other deceptive commercials.

Note: Still have not found this irritating commercial, but it runs all the time showing all these supposedly "real" people defending the petroleum institute against increased taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment