Monday, March 20, 2017

MY FAVORITE COMMERCIAL.

Oddly enough, I can't find my favorite commercial of the year on YouTube. But there seem to be all kinds of posts by people who find it creepy, vulgar, Oedipal, and inappropriate for a bank. I think it's wonderful. The commercial is for Chase Bank (though I can't find it on their YouTube site) and it shows a woman preparing to go on a date. Her teenaged son seems disinterested, but as she reaches the front door he cautions her, "Remember, Mom. No kissing on the first date." This shows me a warm adult relationship between mother and son. She's still young and attractive and he wants her to find happiness. But many viewers are saying he's controlling, she's irresponsible, their relationship is not healthy. Who are these dysfunctional characters? Not only is the commercial excellent, but both actors are absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment