Friday, July 15, 2011

"Anyway, the guy was this wide..."

There is something that a lot of people do. I always regard it as incredibly dangerous. It seems to me that because they do it, they could suddenly meet with an accident in which they could be killed. But so far I have never heard of anyone being killed this way, so I am probably wrong. I must admit I would like to hear of at least one death or at least a serious accident so that I won't feel so foolishly judgemental every time this happens, which is often. All right here it is. I am often walking along the bike path toward the Metro Station, often with a friend.(Although this situation has occurred in many places, many cities.) Suddenly, without any notice a person on a bicycle will pass close to me on the right without a horn or verbal warning. I never heard this person coming and he or she is quickly gone. But it always occurred to me that if I were to make a broad gesture to explain something to my friend at that point, I would hit the bicycler in the chest and knock him flat or send him flying into a tree. If I were walking the other way away from the Metro Station, I could actually cause him to careen into the oncoming traffic of the nearby unfenced highway. Hmmm. Maybe it would make a good crime story where someone does it on purpose, timing the passing of the bike with the swinging of the arms and having a convenient witness to swear it all was an terrible accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment