Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Music Men.

Despite being the most brilliant lyricist since Noel Coward, I have never sold a single one of my three musical shows. (Could I be wrong about my brilliance?) But at least I have been able to collaborate with three very talented composers, only one of whom I've met. I mention them here because I want you, when you get the chance, to check out John Dusenberry's new website. He was the inspiring composer with whom I wrote "The Accidental President", which had a successful five performance run in Manhattan Beach, California.(No, it didn't close. It was never scheduled for more than five performances!) Peter Rudzik, who lives in Calgary was the prolific composer had just the right touch for our revuish musical, "You Can't Live in L.A. Without a Car" which some smart producer will someday discover. And, finally, the only composer I have met, Jerry Goldberg. This talented musician was the original conductor for Broadway's "A Chorus Line", who I was fortunate to have write the music for "Euphoria", a musical fable about a kingdom that manufactures clouds. The only trouble with all three of them was that we get along so well. Aren't collaborators supposed to hate each other's guts?

Note: Shown is a publilcity shot for "The Accidental President". Sorry, I don't seem to have ready photos of any of these good friends. I hope they'll send some that I can include later.

P.S. I do know that titles are in italics and not quotes, but every time I italicize a title, the whole page goes crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment