Friday, May 20, 2011

It was fun while it lasted.


This will probably be my last post. After all the world is supposed to end tomorrow at 6 pm. But is that Eastern Time? I don't doubt it for a minute. After all this Harold Camping person is a multimillionaire and a Bible Scholar. Who am I to argue with someone as revered as him (he?)? I'm a little bit worried being an atheist. I mean do I qualify for the rapture at all? And what exactly is the Rapture? It sounds like it would be similar to an orgasm, but I'll probably go to hell for even suggesting that. Although it seems the world doesn't end tomorrow, it just begins to end according to the 89-year-old Camping. He and his followers who, by the way, don't have a church,believe that tomorrow a massive earthquake beginning in Fiji (poor Fijins!) will zip around the world, opening two hundred million graves of the saved, who will float up to heaven. If you're not one of them expect to hang around the doomed earth for another five months before God completes the final destruction. This is good news for some people. Newt Gingrich for instance only has to be embarrassed about his recent gaffes for one more day. On the other hand Palin's son Trick, or Track or Trigger won't get to enjoy his honeymoon and Maria Shriver will be denied the satisfaction of a ball-busting divorce. Considering my opening line, if the world doesn't end tomorrow, will I be so embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment