Monday, May 23, 2011

The end of the Game.

At first it seemed The Game of Thrones would be an entertaining new HBO series. It has good actors, wonderful special effects, great costumes and lots of sex. I even watched a few episodes before I realized that it doesn't have an interesting story, its a collection of cliches from every medieval film you've ever seen, and it tries to hold your attention with swearing, sex and super violence. Now I don't mind when there are bloody battle scenes and the special effects men go all out with arrows in the head, and intestines falling out in the snow. But once they start killing animals, I lose interest. I should have quit two episodes ago when the had to kill someone's pet dog to satisfy a prince's pet peeve. But last night when the jouster was knocked off his horse, he, in a fury of poor sportsmanship killed the animal and I won't tell you how. At the point, I said, "That's it." And, for me, "The Game of Thrones" was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment