Friday, May 27, 2011

Good medical news.

I was pleased to see on tonight's news that a recent study has shown that taking medications to raise good cholesterol (as opposed as lowering bad cholesterol) seems to be of no medical value. This delights me on two levels. One is that I stopped taking niacin, against my cardiologist's advice, when it created the sense that I had a very bad sunbburn.Now I don't have to feel the guilt and worry. And two, because the Niaspan commercial are among the most annoying and manipulative on television. Now that medical authorities have more or less debunked such medications include Niaspan, I wonder how frequenly they will run those commercials and continue to tell consumers that they need that medication when it has been proven that they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment