Thursday, August 20, 2020

STILL MISSED.

This is from an article I read in a Salon Next-trap. I only had the patience to continue Nexting in the hopes of finding this comment or something similar. The article was about Humphrey Bogart and the Bogart family. Of course it spoke glowingly of Lauren Bacall, notably of her telling her son Stephen to always tell the truth. This is odd based on the statement below. Stephen Bogart did not spend two years writing, "Bogart: In Search of My Father." My brother Gary, wrote that book. Sadly he died just before publication. He was only fifty years old. Ms. Bacall callously saw this as an opportunity for her son Stephen to take full credit for the book of which Stephen only provided facts. She actually sued to deny my brother credit. The Bogarts were both great actors. And I am sure that Stephen is a decent person. But I still resent this nasty incident. Shown below: Writer and teacher, Gary Provost.

"After building a family of his own and a life away from Hollywood, Stephen Bogart spent two years writing “Bogart: In Search of My Father.” In that time, he realized how little he truly knew about Humphrey Bogart."

No comments:

Post a Comment