Tuesday, July 14, 2020

SHIPT-WRECKED

Being a Floridian and not wishing to expose myself to the DeSantis Virus, I put my trust in a food delivery service called Shipt. The first two uses, which had products chosen at Target, went reasonably well, except they were both incredibly late and several items were not available. Also when I tried to call on repeated occasions, they said they were swamped and the wait time would be at least 30 minutes. Yesterday, I placed an order in the morning, hoping to have a cake for my 78th birthday, and chose a delivery time in late afternoon. Nothing. I called and was on hold at least 20 minutes. The nice young lady assured me that delivery would be between 9 and 10 pm. We waited up. Nothing again. A birthday with no cake is kind of sad. Oh well. I assumed they would deliver the next day. They did. In the early morning without calling me or knocking on the door they left the groceries on the front stairs in the hot sun. Included were Haagen Diaz Vanilla Soup, Klondike Mush Bars, several defrosted dinners, and no cake. If anyone out there knows of a delivery service that is dependable, please let me know through the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment