Saturday, February 29, 2020

"YOUR INVENTION IS BRILLIANT. SCRAP IT!"

I can't shake the feeling that there are many products that will never be produced because they will affect the profits of powerful businesses. For instance, I am certain there could be a toothpaste that is safe on enamel but dissolves placque with one brushing. But there goes the annual teeth-cleaning trade. I have been giving to cancer research all my life. In an age of so many technological advances, I am sure they cured cancer long ago, but think of the money so many businesses and doctors would lose. Prescription eye drops don't have to cost $60 and up. Weight loss could probably be achieved with one simple pill. Dying your hair doesn't have to be such a complicated multi-chemical procedure. But simplicity is expensive. So progress, as easy as it is, will always take a back seat to profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment