Thursday, February 6, 2020

ET TU

I was delighted to find out that Little Caesar's finally delivers since they make the best pizza and the most economical. But I was discouraged to find you can only order through the website, which I hate doing. More and more I am being forced into avoiding human contact when buying pizza, reserving a hotel room, making a travel reservation. Not having a smart phone, I can't even Uber. I don't like this new society where companies no longer have phones or addresses; where there's no way to complain about a product or praise it. Even when I answer the phone to find out it is another sales call, I can't bitch at the caller since he or she is only a recorded voice. Forget getting a smiling clerk at Home Depot or CVS since more and more they rely on automatic checkout. You don't even see a cashier behind the glass at many movie theaters which only sell tickets with credit cards. This I don't mind since movies are too expensive, have far too many commercials, not counting the trailers, and audiences for the most part are rude e-mail-checking Philistines.

No comments:

Post a Comment