Monday, September 30, 2019

"I SAID 'LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE WE GO DEAF'."

Most people do not realize how much they are damaging their hearing with the loud music that is blasted in most restaurants today. The Starbucks I've been going to in Coral Gables for 20 years has gotten so out of hand with "turn up the volume" baristas that I have stopped going there. Despite their youth, I think these employees are already partially deaf since they can't seem to tell how loud the music is. I rarely go out to dinner in Miami because the music in most restaurants is too loud. I like conversation and don't like having to shout to be heard. I also suspect that most establishments have been sold a bill of goods by the installers and renters of audio systems. As someone who takes planes as often as I fly, I am struck by how full the Quiet Cars on Amtrak are on every trip. I think that large chain restaurants should offer Quiet Sections to at least see just how popular a dining area far from the madding crowd can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment