Friday, September 13, 2019

YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH SUCCESS....STILL...

I have to assume that Starbucks knows what they're doing because they're so successful. But I sometimes wonder what their game plan is. I often go to the Starbucks in Coral Gables and cannot find a table to sit at.The other morning I noted there are nine tables for two along a banquette. Every one of them was occupied by one freeloader with one beverage and their personal computer. The other two tables for four were also occupied, one with three persons having a business meeting and not having purchased anything.  I waited for a half hour and could not find a place to sit and left.
Over the past years I have seen this scene repeated endlessly. Single users buying a single beverage taking up valuable space, often for hours. I can't see how this creates enough profits to pay the high Coral Gables rent and the salaries of all their baristas. On the other hand Starbucks charges so much for a single cup of coffee, maybe they don't really need that much traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment