Saturday, September 28, 2019

'WHAT IS SO RARE AS A DAY IN..." SEPTEMBER.

This was one of those amazing days that so rarely happen. I woke early, completely refreshed and took a morning walk at 6:30. The weather was breezy and cool, there was few people out and those that were were all friendly. Later I walked to the market. Every person I passed had a smiling good morning, even the dogs seemed extra friendly. At the pharmacy Donovan had my prescriptions ready and even the high price didn't annoy me. I gave most of my Cuban coffee to a stranger sitting outside and he offered half to a stranger at another table. Since my groceries were too heavy to carry all the way home, I walked to the trolley stop and the trolley appear moments later. It was a day that reminded me of a song in an excellent Broadway show that wasn't a success, but should have been. "On a wonderful day like today, I defy any cloud to appear in the sky, dare any raindrop to pop in my eye, on a wonderful day like today."  See, I'm not always cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment