Monday, February 23, 2015

One in a million.













One of my biggest gripes with the American people is that they are such sheep about commercials. I am convinced that the broadcast media, to make even larger profits, airs far more commercials than are necessary but viewers never complain. Last night, while I had no interest in the Academy Awards, I did have enough curiosity to tune in when there were breaks in my other programming. But each time I did I only got to see one or more commercials. I never once managed to switch during the actual program. We are deluged, inundated, swamped, suffocated and oppressed by commercial messages. Now I have learned that the networks are speeding up certain programs so they can slip in one, two, or three added commercials. At what point will the average American viewer say, "Hold it. That's too many!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment