Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Let's hear it for me.

Today Mitt Romney spoke in Nevada. And it looks to me like he might have done something that has always been reserved for the great opera singers, especially the divas. I could be wrong of course, but I think he had a claque. For those of you not familiar with this outdated word, a claque is a group of people hired by a artiste to attend his or her performance and express rhapsodic adoration. So many of his lines were met with immediate and similar enthusiasm and applause, I found the tone very suspicious, especially since Mitt is not that compelling a speaker. Today, however, many of his lines seemed to achieve a burst of excitement, as if he had hit that high note nobody expect he could reach. Even his stammering pauses did not dampen the enthusiasm of this crowd. Call me a cynic, but I have a feeling a whole lot of people have a little more money to gamble with tonight in the great state of Nevada.

1 comment:

  1. And of course he had to quick like a bunny run to give the speech in Nevada because a recent GOP poll showed him trailing Perry there. Even though the Silver State is supposed to be a Romney "firewall." (Lotsa Mormons there, don'tcha know. But maybe they're not really true Mitt fans... just members of the claque.) All very interesting, and to us, just more proof of Willard's lack of authenticity.

    ReplyDelete