Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting your kid on a sugar high.

I hate this commercial, of which there are several equally maudlin versions. Why? For lots of reasons. One is I find it disgraceful that advertisers can't find any way for a man to bond with his son other than sports. Two, I hate Kellogg's because I consider them among the greediest manufacturers, charging, as they do, a fortune for mostly air. I also resent that they are one of the worst offenders in creating ads to manipulate children and always have been. This spot is a good example of their cartoons making it into prime time. And I particularly dislike this commercial for trying to make this little interlude seem so charmingly parental, and so healthfully athletic, when in effect this father is feeding his kid a bowl of mostly sugar in the middle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment