Friday, September 23, 2011

Less Bang for your buck.

Not only do I like The Big Bang Theory, but I think it's the funniest 10-minute sitcom on television. I say 10-minute sitcom because I don't see how it can be much longer considering the endless commercials that are presented during its running.This was true when it was only a network show; more true now that it's in syndication. This show, more than any other, reminds me that America is a nation of sheep. There's not a reason in the world that we should have to watch so many commercials other than greed and the fact that nobody ever complains about the amount of promotions they are exposed to every day. Broadcasters could make a killing just running a reasonable number of spots, but like most corporations they want to make a super killing and they don't care whom they inconvenience in order to do it. So while I love The Big Bang Theory, it's a constant reminder of how much I detest the obscene amount of advertising with which we are constantly and needlessly barraged.

Note: I wonder how upset evangelicals and other religious nuts (who must watch this show) get with the opening credits which promote evolution and the song which tells us that the earth is at least 14 mlllion years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment