Monday, September 5, 2011

That looks like a nice bank.

SunTrust does such nice, warm commercials. They tell you how much they value you, how decent and honest they are, how caring. It's very moving. But it kind of makes me wonder why my SunTrust, which is one of the biggest banks in Coral Gables right on the Miracle Mile almost never has anyone available when I come in. Nobody says, "We'll be right with you, sir." Despite all the teller's cages, there are rarely more than two to service the line. Also unlike almost every other bank, the SunTrust ATM can only do one transaction at a time. If you want a second, you have to re-enter your card and code and start all over again. But even worse is that the ATM on the Mile has been faulty for three months now, so one can get money, but not one's balance. Still I've been too lazy to move my checking account from there, but have opened up other accounts at TD Bank down the street, which is an incredibly accommodating bank. They even have free coin counting machines and water dishes for thirsty dogs. I wonder if any SunTrust banks are anything like those nice commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment