Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fedex: Witness Protection

Too many commercials today are too complicated for their own good. This is one of them. The scenario is so involved it isn't easy to follow the logical. No matter. What intrigues me about this spot is one of the actors flubs a line. I can't see why they would have him do it deliberately, so I suspect that nobody noticed. This wouldn't surprise me as there are often mispronunciations that nobody picks up. An entire Carnival campaign done in Florida had what to me was a glaring mistake on the end of every spot. Nobody ever noticed it. Anyway in this spot he man's name is Gustafson. It's even printed out. But at the very last when the actor says the man doesn't exist he says, "There is no Gufstason." Deliberate or not?

2 comments:

  1. You're right. He says it wrong. My guess is that, as incompetent as people are today, is was not deliberate.

    ReplyDelete