Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A moment on tape.


Recently I bought a roll of black duct tape at Big Lots. I like the low prices at Big Lots. What I don't like is that almost everything they sell seems to come from China. After the recent problems with dog food and drywall, I don't buy anything from China that I will ingest or touch that often. Sounds xenophobic, but I don't trust their manufacturing processes. Anyway, even though tape seemed safe enough, I still wondered whether it was vinyl or some other material and had any dangerous chemicals to create the finish or the glue. When I opened the packaged, I noticed in small type that the tape was made in New Jersey. I immediately felt better about my purchase. I wish we all could see more products that said "Made in New Jersey", or some other state, or simply "Made in the USA." It seems to me when I was a child the only product made in China was the Chinese Finger Torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment