Monday, October 25, 2010

Rip. Rip. Rip.


One of my greatest annoyances every month is tearing all the inserts out of the AARP Magazine. Sounds easy, doesn't it But it isn't. Because they have so many of them hidden between the pages and by the time you're done the magazine weighs half as much. I don't know why I even bother because I don't read the publication. Too depressing. One doesn't like to imagine the day when one needs an Acorn Stairlift or "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" Life Alert. Still this issue (not the cover shown here)was more fun than most because it featured an article by Jamie Lee Curtis (52), Betty White (88) and Kristen Bell, (30). I admit it, I never heard of Kristen Bell, but the article was entertaining, although I wish I weren't one of the people who remembers Betty in Life with Elizabeth, a 50s sitcom. What I do like about the magazine is the last page which brings you up to date on the age of famous people. In case you're interested Daryl Hannah and Julianne Moore are 50; Stanley Livingston (Chip on My Three Sons) is 60, as is still-sexy Ed Harris. The last two "famous" people are not on my list of worthy celebs: the disreputable Dionne Warwick is 70; and the despicable G. Gordon Liddy is 80.

Note: This week I tried to see the Marilyn Monroe cover on Vanity Fair and the new Curtis/White/Bell cover from the new AARP Magazine. Neither was shown on the internet, at least not yet. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment