Monday, October 25, 2010

The two-second reaction.

I happen to like Progressive commercials, despite all the naysayers. Flo to me is fun and cute and funny and, damnit, I like her. But I particularly admire this commercial because it's a perfect example of how the right casting makes a spot. And in this case the magic happens within seconds as the hapless beau rolls his eyes toward the domineering (we assume) fiancee. Love this guy's expression. My compliments to whomever (whoever?) cast him.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure it would be "whoever" in this case. Can't believe you like Flo. Ugh. Why don't you like Dionne Warwick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like Dionne because she was in charge of that fraud Pyschic Friends Network. She also has questionable charitable donations and has been a tax evader (which doesn't bother me). The fact that I detest Burt Bachrach's musis has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to cut her some slack on the Psychic Friends thing because I think she had some money troubles due to a contractural disagreement with Bachrach, their record company, or both. At any rate, I don't find Burt's music as objectionable as you do. Some of his songs I really like, while others have me reaching for the "off" button. Of course, his soundtrack for the brilliant remake of "Lost Horizon" is an exception. Like the film for which he wrote it, it's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear that my readers, all two or three of them, will think you are a serious fan of the musical "Lost Horizon" and thus dismiss any of your future comments. I must assure them that both you and I find this film
    among the worst ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anybody who reads The Cranky Copywriter and isn't a fan of sarcasm is following the wrong blog!

    ReplyDelete