Sunday, October 17, 2010

Get MyLife out of my life.

A while back I started getting this annoying spam from MyLife.com. I opened it by mistake. I say by mistake because now I get at least one unwelcome e-mail a week. The suggestion is always that someone is dying to get in touch with me. And, I suppose, if I sign up with MyLife, that touching reunion will become possible (at a price). Of course one wonders how stupid the searcher must be not to look me up on Zaba or some other site, or check out the phone book of the city I have lived in for the 15 years. I notice on their new commercial MyLife suggests that if I type in my name, they will notify me as to who wants so desperately to get in touch with me. I didn't do it, but I doubt that they would let me know. Because when I foolishly opened the e-mail, they only told me that a 68-year-old woman in New Hampshire wanted to reach me. I have written to them to take me off their mailing list, but they haven't done it. In the meantime that woman in New Hampshire, whom I may or may not want to meet again, will just have to get along without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment