Friday, April 9, 2021

THE PAIN OF ROKU

I hate the internet. Because so many companies I depend on hide there. Roku for example. They refuse to give you a phone number, though they promise they will, but don't. So they expect me to leap through all kinds of technological hoops to regain the service that they took away for no good reason. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, I can no longer access Netfllix or Acorn. I am sure I could be reinstated if I spent hours dealing with them, creating a new password that satisfies their sick need for a complicated code. But at 78, I can''t be bothered, so unless they realize the stupid thing they've done, no more Roku for me. I am sure they could have thousands of more profitable customers if they made signing up easier and instead of hiding out in the complex maze of the Internet, they got a phone number that anyone could call and expect an answer and help from a real live, breathing person. But I don't expect that to happen. It's too logical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment