Sunday, April 2, 2017

OF LAND PHONES AND MAILBOXES

I don't know why I keep a land phone. Out of habit, I guess. I rarely get a personal call. I do, however, get dozens of sales call, robot calls, scam calls, pleas for money, and news that I have won a dream vacation if I will only send in the $25.00 registration fee. I think the telephone companies had better get on the ball and do something about these irritating phone calls or soon millions of people will give up their land phones. As we all know the "no call"list is useless. Bad enough I have to put up with grifters, but I worry about those who believe they have to send money to the IRS immediately, or that their bank  accounts need to be updated and they must provide such information as their Social Security number. I think all minor drug offenders should be set free and their cells given to all phone scammers. Now the daily mail is also annoying, but different. I need the mail to get my monthly bills, some magazines, cards and certain letters too personal to e-mail. But what I mostly get are pleas for money from hospitals, pet shelters, and a variety of other charities. I also get far too much mail from my investment group with whom I never invest, and from my health care provider whose letters I never open. I know. I know. I should pay my bills on line. Sorry. I still prefer writing checks and using the mailbox. It allows me the illusion that we are still living in a sane and well-ordered world. That is, until the phone rings.

2 comments:

  1. When the dog spins around on the couch I actually tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too, darling. But I think you're one post off.

    ReplyDelete