Thursday, May 12, 2016

$5.50 for a 16-oz. bottle of water, are you nuts?"

I had a very nice neighbor send an amusing e-mail scolding me for not having set up messages on my cell. She was interested in hearing about my recent 16-day cruise vacation. She humorously told me to hire a 14-year-old to set up my messages since I am a Luddite. Her e-mail reminded me of several things. One is I love not getting messages which require me to call people back as I am not fond of the telephone to begin with. Two: I have no interest in telling anyone about a vacation which is already over. I don't take photos and I don't keep a journal. If anything I am only interested in interesting persons I might have met, amusing anecdotes, or revealing the fact that NCL is a greedy pig of a cruise line. But the places I visited, the sights I saw, I couldn't care less in reliving. I know this is odd when you consider the people with hundreds of photos and a story to go with every one. I am pleased these memories give them so much pleasure and quite happy to hear their narrations, but as for me, suffice it to say, "I had a nice time."

No comments:

Post a Comment