Friday, May 6, 2016

They're ubiquitious.

I got a scam letter this week from some grifter calling her (or him)self  Elza Bupe. I will include her transparent opening at the end of this post. Yesterday a friend told me about an older woman she knows who was scammed out of thousands which she sent to an "attorney" she believed was handling bail, etc. for the arrest of her estranged son. It's hard to feel real pity for anyone so gullible. I can't imagine why she didn't do more checking, but apparently she blithely send off two payments to this alleged attorney. It's amazing to me that anyone can be scammed considering how often we are warned against the various con games in society today. Of course the internet has opened all kinds of new doors to thieves and liars.  A good rule of thumb is if it requires money, it's suspicious. In the meantime I have such hatred for grifters that no fate that befalls them could too painful or violent.  And that goes for  Elza, who writes

How is your day today? My name is Miss Elza Mutemba, 25 years of age, I am the only child of Late Dr. Laurent Mutemba of Democratic Republic of Congo. My father was a successful business man. My purpose for contacting you is first, I want to know more about you so that I will know the areas of which you will be of assistance to my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment