Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"I couldn't be more shocked."

I find many of today's new stories disturbing for the same reason. For instance a headline today reported that," Robin Thicke Reportedly Admits to Drug Use, Lying...". My reaction to this news is,"Who is Robin Thicke?" It seems to me that recent years have welcomed in thousands of new celebrities because they hosted a game show; had a part, any part, in a major movie; dated someone who was significant; had a few popular songs; or played a game, any game. Of course the ever-lazy media is thrilled to have an array of shining new luminaries whose every move can be reported instead of more difficult-to-cover news stories. Why would I want to know about the current condition of the shrinking polar ice cap when I can learn that Robin Thicke admitted to drug use?


No comments:

Post a Comment