Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What is completely overreacting?

I don't particularly like Ken Jennings. Either I find him unctuous and smug, or I'm just jealous that he's so smart and rich. But regardless, I think he's getting a terribly bum rap in the media. It seems he tweaked the following, "There's nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheel chair." Give me a break! This is not the most insensitive comment ever made. And it's not without some truth. I think it is sad that a person who is very attractive cannot benefit or take total joy from their gift of beauty because of some crippling illness. I wouldn't say "nothing sadder" but give the guy a break. It is not the kind of comment that marks you as an insensitive prick. And what hypocrisy. I'm sure the loudest complainers have made equally insensitive, or even worse, comments. I suspect those bitching about Ken Jennings are probably as jealous of his success as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment