Monday, March 5, 2012

Almost perfect.

This is one of my favorite gripes. These commercials for Charles Schwab are quite good. The spokesman they chose is also very good. Except for one thing. I cannot understand why someone who makes a living out of being a spokesman doesn't have outstanding English. This man, in particular, must be making a fortune out of being the spokesman for Schwab (a company I found to be very cool when I approached them as my portfolio did not meet their high standards. But no matter.) You will note in this spot he says,"...even if they are not ours...". Actually he doesn't say "ours". Like so many lazy speakers of the language, he says, "ares". This man's makes his living out of speaking English. Wouldn't you think he would know the difference between "ours" and "ares"?

No comments:

Post a Comment