Monday, March 5, 2012

If it were only true.

I think Campbell's was very smart to come up with this campaign. Of course it's a total lie. I mean let's face it, unless you're ordering some spectacular bisque or chef-designed recipe in an expensive restaurant, there is nothing exciting about soup, notably Campbell's soup. So when they say, "It's amazing what soup can do" I don't really know what they mean. I would say that Campbell's Tomato Soup is acceptable once a year; Chicken Noodle twice; and New England Clam Chowder never because it's almost all potatoes.There's nothing amazing about any Campbell's soup I ever had, and I never expressed the kind of irrepressible joy that so many of the consumers on their commercials seem to feel. But I must admit the commercials are well done, very nearly convincing and make me want to try Campbell's Soup again, but I know it will be just as acceptable, pedestrian and unamazing as it was the last time. Besides I miss the Campbell Kids. They were more honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment