Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's alive! It's stil alive!


Dick Cheney has a new heart. (Hard to believe he had an old one.) And I am appalled at the number of posters on HuffPost and elsewhere who wish him well and call him a patriot. Since I doubt any news outlet will print my comments, I think I'll put them here.

Since Cheney is 71, I suspect that some younger person is going without a new heart because Cheney jumped the line even though he claims to have waited 20 months.

Even he doesn't reject this new heart, I can only hope he is going through a great deal of pain and discomfort, vomiting constantly from the anti-rejection medication, being fed only through tubes, and living with the constant fear that it will stop working at any given moment.

I hope some columnist has the courage to remind everyone of the thousands of men, women and children who were killed, maimed, crippled, blinded and made homeless because this raging, aging asshole couldn't be happy without having a war.

I hope his echoing daughter and icy wife are either suffering by seeing him in this helpless state, or bored to death by coming to the hospital and pretending they still like this old fool.

I hope all over America families who have been patiently waiting for a heart to become available for their child or too-young-to-die relative ask why this aging, feeble old fool managed to get a heart transplant while they are still on the waiting list. And I hope one of those persons is a maniacal aunt who secretly has offed other geriatric patients for minor offenses and just happens to be the nurse assigned to watch over Mr. Cheney.

I hope the authorities were wise enough to take his old heart, sprinkle it with holy water, encase it in 8 feet of cement and
bury it deep in some rarely visited desert.

And finally I hope to soon see the headline on HuffPost and other sites: CHENEY DEAD.

Note: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute in listing those who are eligible for a heart transplant has this as the first bullet on their list of what's a person ineligible for a transplant:

Advanced age. There is no widely accepted upper age limit for a heart transplant. However, most transplant surgeries are done on patients younger than 70 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment