Monday, April 18, 2011

"Get off my virtual lawn!"


Why is Facebook invading my life? I signed up for Facebook ages ago, found it a completely boring site and never visit. The few times I did visit, I made me think less of my friends rather than more since so many listed the mundane activities of their life. Only a handful seem to report anything other than where to go for dinner or some silly contest that rated your sexual drive. As a longtme contributor to Huffington Post, I get a great deal of pleasure out of commenting on news stories and even getting into arguments with those who disagree. But lately, after each comment, I get a pop-up. This annoying pop-up asks me if I want to put my comment on FaceBook, which I don't and never will. I have no idea how to get rid of this intrusive visual with its endlessly repetetive question. Has Facebook found a way to worm its way into all our internet activities? If any friends are reading this, I hope I haven't offended you. I appreciate that Facebook is an excellent social tool for those who are social. I am not. It's a wonderful way to keep in touch with family or friends. I have very little family and very few friends. And for that reason I don't Facebook and I don't Twitter.I realize those actitivies give a lot of pleasure to millions of people, but not me. I do, however, love one-on-one e-mails. So if there's something on your mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment