Sunday, April 3, 2011

No matter how often I watch it...

...I don't understand this commercial at all. And I have a sinking feeling it's very obvious to most viewers, so I probably shouldn't admit my confusion. It would appear this man is at a job interview. When he mentions that he loves his bank's Raise Your Rate CD, the interviewer hears other declarations. Why? Is it because nobody loves their bank, or no bank has ever had a Raise Your Rate CD so he would have to be hearing wrong? If so, that's not clear at all. Besides lots of people love their banks. I love my bank. Just because there are scummy, money-grubbing, lying, cheating financial institutions like Bank of America, and Citicorp who don't want to give their customers one extra dime doesn't make this commercial believable if, in fact, that's what it's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment