Monday, April 4, 2011

It just takes one.


For the past six years, instead of having a regular television set I have had an inFocus projector, which allows me to watch a clear, bright, wall-sized picture. It is especially satisfying when watching Cinemascope films which are projected about seven-feet wide. In addition to loving the projector, I was amazed at the company itself. InFocus always answers the phone quickly; takes your telephone number so they can call you back in case they lose the call; and has the most refined, articulate and amiable representatives. I always thought of them as the creme de la creme of businesses and recommended InFocus to anyone interested in projection tv*. I'm sorry to say that image was spoiled today by a single young man who, while not obnoxious, had an inability to explain a fine point of company policy without sounding defensive and dismissive. There's no point going into the point of contention. This post is basically to remind us that no matter how much a company knocks itself out to create a high-quality image, a single undiplomatic person can sully your high opinion. I still think InFocus is a great company, just not as great, and I can't imagine why anybody has a tv set, when they could have a whole wall of programming.

*I know. I know. Everybody capitalizes tv. I refuse to do it. Television is not a capitalized word, so why give the initials that distinction?

Note: No. That is not my home theater. Not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment