Friday, January 21, 2011

Shut up! Stop it! Go away!

I happen to be particularly sensitive to people screaming at me. This is a problem since so many commercials seem to favor singers who screech rather than sing. In this vein, this Jello commercial is my most hated music-wise. Not only because I detest the song but because this is one of those commercials that is considerably louder than any surrounding message. I am sure many readers will say, "I don't understand that. I like this song." Well enjoy. To me is just an irritating whine that makes me want to avoid purchasing any Jello product for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I was completely oblivious to the music in this spot. I was much more focused on the weird copy ("washed the bills, paid the dishes"). What's THAT about? Does anyone understand this commercial? Are they implying that you're supposed to get squiffy on Jell-O? Is that why you end up mixing up your verbs? It's so perplexing that the music simply rolled past me and, Reagan-like, I couldn't remember it if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I added later, it's also louder than other commercials which may be one of the reasons I find it so annoying.

    ReplyDelete