Saturday, October 31, 2020

SITTING PRETTY


 Eames Lounge chairs and Otttomans are gorgeous. They're a work of art. They cost a fortune and they're worth evert penny.  Except for one thing. They break easily. And when they do, it's very difficult to find someone to repair them. Last year one of my two Eames chairs  came apart at the left arm. Within two weeks I found someone to fix it for $150.00. Unfortunately I didn't save his name. Now my other chair, which came apart at the right arm, has been sitting unused for 6 months. Several persons have said they could fix it, but they never showed up. At almost $5,000 each, these chairs are the only expensive things I own. I also have an imitation Eames Lounge Chair, which looks a lot like the real thing. Except I bought it 59 years ago for about $500.00 and it's still in perfect condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment