Monday, November 17, 2014

Assault.

One of my biggest gripes about the sheepishness of Americans is that they allow themselves to be deluged with far more commercials than networks need to air to make a profit. One of the biggest offenders is one of my favorite programs The Big Bang Theory. From the beginning it came across as a 15-minute sitcom considering all the commercials that filled up every break from the show. Last night I watched an episode I had missed on On Demand. Like many shows, one could not forward through the commercials. My partner and I guessed how many commercials there would be between segments. We both figured 9, which is a lot. Well, we were both wrong. There were 15 commercials shown during that one break. That's unnecessary, fuck-the-viewer greed. And it's epidemic on every network. America was promised that if it was willing to pay to watch television, there wouldn't be as many commercials as were necessary when television was in-the-air free. It was a lie. There are tons more and nobody, but nobody, is complaining. Except me, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment