Monday, November 10, 2014

Another myth dispelled.



One of America’s most firmly held and inaccurate beliefs is that Dunkin Donuts has great coffee. While this was once true, it no longer applies. Dunkin Donuts coffee is weak and not even consistent from one outlet to another. I can say this with confidence after a recent trip to New York, Boston, Providence, Philadelphia, and Richmond where I began most days at Dunkin Donuts. The coffee in all five cities was never rich or strong and while not undrinkable, I felt it was merely acceptable. Why did I go there? Because I love Dunkin Donuts donuts. However there are two bizarre things about the chain. 
Why do they insist on putting the cream in the coffee (Maybe so you can't see how weak the coffee is)? More often than not they add too much and I have to guide their usage, which is annoying. Also annoying is the mystery of the stick. In New York, Boston, and Providence they offer a very popular cruller-like item they call the stick, in plain and glazed. But this is not available in Baltimore or Philadelphia where they never heard of it. I wonder why? Anyway, the coffee is just okay, not America's best.


No comments:

Post a Comment